These days video conferencing has become very common. This is for various reasons that range from convenience to affordability; all of which are true. They allow people to converse with each other in real time even they are thousands of miles away from each other. A large part of popularity is due to online meeting software such as Zoom, which has simplified the process greatly. This virtual meeting software also offers various online collaboration tools that make them ideal for virtual business meetings online. These collaboration tools include instant messaging, interactive whiteboard, private cloud software, screen sharing and even recording features.
While all of these tools play an important role, the recording feature is a still obscure feature that is slowly gaining the recognition it deserves. The recording feature is vital for multiple reasons:
- It allows people who may have missed the meeting to view it later. This helps them receive all the important details and is much better than a summary because that can often miss out valuable details.
- If a person is added to the team at a later date, they can view previous meetings thus allowing them to be on the same page.
- It acts as a recording of any important decisions made. This can be vital information at a later date.
- It even helps people review their previous decisions and since they have full access to the meeting, it gives them a reminder of the thought process behind a decision.
- For those not familiar with this feature, that is not a problem. Using this software is quite easy. To begin with, all you have to do is download Zoom Video Conferencing Software on to your laptop or computer. Since Zoom supports various operating systems such Mac and Windows, so make sure you download the one that is appropriate for your system. After you’ve installed it and run it, your Zoom video conferencing software is ready to be used. You can invite people to a conference irrespective of whether or not they have the same software on their computers.
Once the meeting begins, you will see a recording option on your screen. All you have to do is click that. If you’re worried about how much space these recorded videos are going to occupy on your laptop, you need not do so. Zoom offers private cloud software where recorded videos are automatically uploaded.
An exclusive feature offered by Zoom that gives it an edge over all its competition is a feature that creates auto-generated transcripts. This means that a transcript of the recording is created when it is uploaded to the cloud without any additional effort from you.
Thanks to human ingenuity, our technology has grown by leaps and bounds. They have reduced human effort while increasing the possibilities of what we can do. The features offered by video conference software such as instant messaging and recording software is only the beginning of what is yet to come. recording come as MP4 files with audio and video. You can download separately also.